3 Days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour
The 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour is a one-of-a-kind tour leading tourists to the spectacular Lake Mburo National Park in western Uganda for the extraordinary wildlife such as zebras and impalas and to Lake Bunyonyi, Uganda’s deepest Lake Known for numerous beautiful Islands and birds.
Lake Mburo National Park is only 37,000 hectares large thus the smallest savannah Park in Uganda and was established in 1982. This small protected area is home to hardly seen wildlife species such as impalas, zebras, elands,, and giraffes as well as the usual and common ones such as Topis, warthogs, Nile crocodiles, hippos, buffaloes and Defassa waterbucks among others. It is also a fantastic birding area with more than 350 species of birds to look-out for.
Lake Bunyonyi on the other hand is the deepest Lake in the country and popular for sheltering numerous small birds and over 29 islands that are surrounded by steep terraced hills.
Highlights of the 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour
• Game drives in Lake Mburo National Park with chances of seeing zebras, buffaloes and impalas among others.
• Boat cruise along Lake Mburo.
• Canoe ride in Lake Bunyonyi.
• Nature walks around Lake Bunyonyi.
• Uganda Equator experience.
• Smooth ride from Kampala to Lake Mburo National Park, Lake Bunyonyi and back to Kampala.
Detailed itinerary of the 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Lake Mburo National Park
After breakfast, leave Kampala for a drive to Lake Mburo National Park. Have your first stop at the Uganda Equator for 30 minutes where you will get to experiment and take photographs at the magical landmark.
Arrive the Park after 3 hours and straight away start the game drive where elands, zebras, warthogs, impalas, buffaloes, and Topis will be spotted. Head for lunch and a two hours’ boat cruise on Lake Mburo where more animals especially hippos, buffaloes, Nile crocodiles, and Impalas will be seen and not forgetting aquatic species of birds such as pick-backed pelicans, Kingfishers and fish eagles among others.
After the boat cruise head back to the Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: Lunch and dinner.
• Up-market: Mihingo Safari Lodge or Mantana Tented Camp
• Midrange: Lake Mburo Safari Lodge or Rwakobo Rock Lodge.
• Budget: Leopard Rest Camp or Eagle’s Nest Lodge.
Travel time: 3-4 hours.
Day 2: Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi and canoe ride.
After a morning breakfast, check-out of the Lodge for a transfer to Lake Bunyonyi and the journey lasts about 5 hours. Upon arrival, head for lunch and later for an exhilarating canoe ride that will introduce you to the different small bird species found in the Lake as well as some of the 29 Islands that make up Lake Bunyonyi. After the relaxing canoe ride, head straight to the Lodge to relax, have dinner and overnight.
Meal plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
• Up-market: Birdnest @Lake Bunyonyi Resort
• Midrange: Bunyonyi Safari Resort or Arcadia Cottages.
• Budget: Bunyonyi Overland Resort or Bushara Island Camp.
Day 3: Departure
Wake up to the quiet sounds of the Lake and singing birds of Lake Bunyonyi for breakfast and check-out of the Safari Lodge. Start the 8 hours’ journey to Kampala with a stopover at in Mbarara Town for lunch and arrive Kampala in the evening.
End of your 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour
Your 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour includes
• Accommodation in Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi.
• Park entrance fees.
• A private and comfortable 4WD Vehicle.
• Fuel fees.
• En-route lunch.
• Bottled water.
• Boat cruise in Lake Mburo.
• Canoe ride in Lake Bunyonyi.
• Relevant Government taxes.
• A full-time English speaking driver.
• All activities included in the itinerary.
• Airport transfers as long as your flight is one the same day the safari ends.
Your 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour excludes;
• International flights.
• Ugandan Visa.
• Personal expenses such as tips, cigarettes, insurance, shopping bills, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks taken at the Lodge and souvenirs.
• Optional activities not included on the itinerary
What to carry for the 3 days Lake Mburo National Park and Lake Bunyonyi Tour
• A backpack.
• Safari pants.
• Pair of shorts.
• A sweater.
• Long and short-sleeved shirts.
• Rain jacket.
• A flash torch.
• Non-flash camera.
• Insect repellant.
• First aid kit.