3 Days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour – Uganda Wildlife Safari
The 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour is a short but very rewarding tour package for game viewing, boat cruises and Nature walks in two of Uganda’s four Savannah National Parks. The tour starts from Kampala and leads to Lake Mburo National Park along the Masaka-Mbarara highway to Queen Elizabeth National Park involving several stops along the way and ends in Kampala.
Highlights of the 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth safari
• Game viewing in Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth National Parks.
• Boat cruises in Lake Mburo and Kazinga Channel.
• A chance to see up to 100 species of birds in both Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth National Parks.
• Uganda Equator experience.
• Transport by private and comfortable 4WD Vehicle.
Detailed itinerary of the 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour
Day 1: Transfer from Kampala to Lake Mburo National Park
Have breakfast and be picked by our company driver to begin the 3 hours’ journey to Lake Mburo National Park. You will have your first stop at Uganda Equator for 30 minutes to take photos and participate in some of the experiments demonstrating how the Earth is divided into southern and northern hemispheres.
Enter the Park through Nshara gate for a drive through some of the endowed game tracks providing views of zebras, buffaloes, impalas, warthogs, and Topis. Have lunch at the Lakeside Restaurant and later set-off for an afternoon boat ride where hippos and crocodiles will be seen lazing in the water and antelopes and buffaloes drinking water from the shores of the Lake. The boat cruise takes you to the fishing village where you will see some of the fish species of the area. Return to the Lodge to freshen-up and relax and you wait for the evening game drive that will usher you to the nocturnal species such as pottos, bush babies, leopards, and spotted hyenas as well as Verreaux’s eagles.
• Up-market: Mihingo Safari Lodge or Mantana Tented Camp
• Midrange: Lake Mburo Safari Lodge or Rwakobo Rock Lodge.
• Budget: Leopard Rest Camp or Eagle’s Nest Lodge.
Meal plan: Lunch and dinner.
Journey time: 3-4 hours by road.
Day 2: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
Arise to the sound of the whispers of the wild for breakfast and leave for Queen Elizabeth National Park. Arrive at at the park in the afternoon and drive slowly as you get the chance to see animals such as elephants, Uganda kobs and Topis that were not seen during the previous day.
Have lunch on arrival and head for a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel the haven to Nile crocodiles and large herds of hippos. This is every birder’s exciting activity rewarding views of kingfishers, African fish eagles and pelicans then return to the Lodge for dinner and overnight.
• Up-market: Mweya Safari Lodge or Katara Lodge.
• Midrange: Ihamba Safari Lodge or Kasenyi Safari Camp.
• Budget: Simba Safari Lodge.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner
Day 3: Morning game Drive and departure.
Be awake by 6:00 am for breakfast and leave the Lodge. Continue for a morning game drive which if on a lucky day will reward you with the views of the leopards and lions still on a hunt as well as other animals missed on the previous game drives. Proceed to Kampala and have lunch in Mbarara, arriving in the City in the evening.
End of your 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour.
Your 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour package includes;
• Park entrance fees.
• Relevant Government taxes.
• Boat cruises.
• Game viewing fees.
• Ground transportation with customized 4WD Vehicles.
• Full-time English speaking guide.
• Uganda Equator experience.
• Fuel charges.
Your 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour excludes;
• Personal expenses.
• Visa fees.
• Optional activities not included in the itinerary.
What to carry for your 3 days Lake Mburo and Queen Elizabeth Tour
• Insect repellant.
• Safari pants of neutral colors.
• Pair of shorts.
• Open shoes.
• Hiking boots.
• First aid kit.