1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour from Kigali Rwanda
The 1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour from Kigali Rwanda is a perfect way of tracking Uganda’s Mountain Gorillas through Rwanda and is ideal for tourists who with their limited time still hunger and thirst for these endangered great apes.
What to expect during the 1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour from Kigali Rwanda
A once in a lifetime opportunity of being with the mountain gorillas.
- Numerous wildlife and birds of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Transport by a customized 4WD Vehicle.
- Jaw-dropping views of the land of a thousand hills and Kigezi highlands.
- Full-time English speaking guide.
Detailed itinerary of the 1 day Uganda Gorilla Tour
Be awake by 3:00am and 30 minutes later start your journey to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park while relishing the cool breeze and views of the verdant hills of Rwanda’s Kigali City. Drive northwards and cross over to Uganda through the Cyanika or Katuna border to Buhoma, Ruhija or Rushaga sectors.
After 4 hours of driving, you will be at the briefing point at 7:30am for half hour briefing on the do’s and don’ts of gorilla trekking. At 8:00am start the trek through the thick jungles of Bwindi in search of the allocated gorilla family.
Trek for 30 minutes to 3 hours (depending on the pace of trekking and location of the family) then climax into a face to face encounter with the Mountain gorillas going about with their activities that usually include foraging, resting and playing. Take pictures and learn more about them within the allocated one hour and return to the Park headquarters for your gorilla trekking certificate.
Have lunch within the Park and start your return journey to Kigali for your flight check-in at your place of residence for dinner and overnight.
End of your amazing 1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour From Kigali Rwanda
Your 1 Day Uganda Gorilla Trekking Tour From Kigali Rwanda includes
- Border crossing (Rwanda-Uganda).
- Bottled water.
- Gorilla permit
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off.
- Lunch within the Park.
- Relevant Government taxes.
- Ground transportation by our customized 4WD Vehicle plus fuel.
- Full-time English speaking guide.
Your 1 day Uganda Gorilla Tour package excludes;
- Accommodation in Kigali.
- Visa fees.
- Personal insurance.
- Meals especially breakfast and dinner.
- Personal expenses like drinks, tips, cigarettes, telephone bills, shopping, laundry services and souvenirs among others.
- Optional activities not included on the itinerary.
Dos and don’ts of gorilla trekking
- A maximum of 8 persons care allowed to visit a habituated gorilla family per day.
- Avoid making noise while trekking or when in the presence of mountain gorillas.
- Avoid drinking, eating or smoking while in the presence of mountain gorillas.
- Don’t visit the mountain gorillas when you have cold or other contagious diseases.
- Do not litter the Park.
- Tourists are allowed to spend only one hour per visit per day.
- Maintain a distance of 7 meters when watching the Mountain gorillas.
- Make sure to cover your mouth and face away from the mountain gorillas when coughing or sneezing.
What to pack and wear for your 1 day Uganda Gorilla Tour
- Wear pants of neutral colors.
- Wear waterproof hiking boots.
- Carry a rain jacket at all times because even when it’s a dry seasons, rains in Bwindi are sometimes unpredictable.
- Carry a water bottle.
- Make sure to wear long sleeved shirts.
- Wear/carry gardening gloves.
- Carry a walking stick which will be provided at the briefing point.
- You should have a wide brimmed hat to protect your eyes and head from direct sunshine.
- Wear sunglasses during trekking.
- Carry a pair of binoculars that are handy for spotting unique bird species.
- Carry a good camera (non-flash).